For those of you who read my blog, welcome back, or should you be saying that to me after weeks of no updates!!
Let's get right to the garden update. When we left for PA at the beginning of the months I had three plants in the ground starting to flower and little tomatoes coming out. I gave them a championship watering before we left hoping that rainshowers here would help them survive. Boy was I wrong, seems like the only thing in the air down here was smoke and bugs. Bugs that I believe ate on the plants like the 3 of us at the smorgasboards in Lancaster County Pennsylvania. I managed to salvage some tomatoes and the plants are starting to recover. The red zebra tomato is a powerfully tastey little tomato with unique coloring as you'll see below in the pictures. With the long hot Florida summer setting in, I won't get much more good growth. I'll get the garden covered for the summer and begin a whole new set of seedlings indoors in July. The red zebra will definetly be grown for the fall!

Our trip to PA was quite a roadtrip. It was great to take Julie and Olivia on the Strasburg Railroad as I had done so many years ago as a young one myself. I will definetly look forward to taking them back. Seems the PA and the weather and food was very much agreable with us as we made a trip to our Largo, Fl amish store this weekend to get some good dutch country stuff. Julie got to reload on her favorite Turkey Hill ice teas and I finally got to have some teaberry ice cream! I also got some scrapple for us to have. If you don't know what it is, you'll thank me for not telling you!

Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend activities as we sit here and prepar to settle in for the long hot dry smokey Florida summer!!
No comments:
Post a Comment