Its hard to believe that 10 years have raced by since I joined the Hillsborough County Aviation Authority as a communications center operator. This past July marked my anniversary. I've been very fortunate in those years, having a couple of promotions along the way to my current postion of Assistant Director of Operations. I will celebrate another milestone in October, 11 years of living in Florida as well as actually working at the airport. I spent a little less than a year working for US Air Express before coming to the Authority.
I've seen a lot of change over those years, 2 airside terminal demolished and rebuilt, parking garages added and expanded and our passenger counts have climbed to almost 19 million.
Of course, the best thing about reaching my 10 year mark is recieving my service award and picking something from the catalog of gifts! I'll get that in December at the awards luncheon.
For me, the airport's a dynamic and fascinating place to work. Its challenging work meeting all the regulations we are under from the FAA and Homeland security, but I'm happy to be with a team that for 10 years in row has had no discrepancies on the FAA annual inspection!
No comments:
Post a Comment