The tomato harvest from this fall's garden has been fantastic with the 105th tomato picked this week!! Over 50 of those were from a single plant, the garden peach. Its been a record setting season for the Nicewinter garden and I'm happy to say that its all been done without chemical fertilizers, no miracle grow here, and no chemical pesticides. These plants have been around since mid-July enjoying good compost and with a warm fall, have existed much longer than I expected.
So, as we wrap up the year, I'll be cleaning out the garden plot and preparing for a quick crop of broccoli and cauliflower to start off the 2008 spring season.
On another note, I'm still trying to get over the upcoming loss of Chik-fil-a at the airport this April. Its all part of our restaurant update that will bring a Carrabas and Sam Sneads tavern to the airport. All of this just in time for the 2009 Superbowl!
No comments:
Post a Comment