With last night being our coldest night of the season, 36 degrees, I realized it was time for my awesome tomato season to close. A final tally of 118 tomatoes were picked and many of those still to be eaten! It was a great fall season spanning 6 months from seeds started to last tomato picked this morning. Three months worth of harvesting ended this morning with the plants coming out of the ground setting the stage for a brand new canvass to plant on.
Broccoli and cauliflower seeds were dropped in the seed starting tray this morning and will kick-off the 2008 garden season. Plans for next year also include direct composting in the garden with the possibility of sweet potatos being grown around the perimeter of the compost. I'll take a break from tomatoes next fall as any good grower knows its best to rotate crops. I will make another attempt at mastering a decent crop of corn or at the very least have nice stalks for Julie's halloween decorations!
Either way, I hope all my faithful readers stay tuned in the New Year for new garden adventures and maybe some airport stuff along the way!
No comments:
Post a Comment