When it comes to breakfast time around here, we have two cooks with their own specialty! We're also lucky enough to have one little customer that likes what each cook makes!! Julie is the egg chef in these parts, making great omlettes and scrambled eggs with ease. I can do a hard boiled egg everynow and then, make a nice egg salad I believe.
Pancakes seem to call my name, so that's what I make. I'll do waffles on occassion. We've tried a lot of pancake mixes and healty from scratch recipes to. Many good pancakes have been made in this house! The challenge in making a good pancake is not just in the batter you choose, but getting your griddle heat just right. Griddle heat on a gas stove adds a little more challenge to creating that perfect golden brown pancake!
I have to say that Julie is much more of a Martha Stewart fan than I am, but I became a believer when my savy wife found Martha's buttermilk pancake recipe. I'm not sure how long she had this recipe, but I tried it the other week when Olivia wanted pancakes and their was no mix, no bisquick, no nothin' but the kitchen basics. Hands down these were the best pancakes I've ever made and will be the only ones made in this house from now on. Olivia even said they were better than the frozen ones. So, I have attached for your visual pleasure, our perfect pancakes hot on the griddle!!

1 comment:
Mmmmm, thanks for the tip! Bruce made these this morning, and they were yummy! Sad part was that the only syrup we had in the house was Mrs. Butterworths sugar free, yeck!
Post a Comment